Gifting Clever: The Scavenger Hunt
We love hearing about the many ways people gift the products we handcraft at Artificer Wood Works. Recently, a customer was kind enough to send us his story and it was so creative that we just had to share it with you. Many thanks to Akshar for sharing his #giftingclever story. Enjoy…
“Hey Rich! To start off, I want to say that I usually do not respond to these types of emails and I rarely leave reviews on products or my experience. That being said, I was very satisfied with my experience with your company and everything about the product. I purchased an Anniversary Wine Box for my friends that were getting married. As the best man at their wedding, I wanted to give them something that was not on their registry (which was full of kitchen items and sheets). This may be a wine box with some custom engraving on the surface, but there’s way more to it than that. The dates are something to look forward to in the future and each compartment represents a milestone in a relationship.
- I tweaked the wine box a little by adding locks to it.
- I placed keys in places that were significant to their relationship such as the place where they met.
- I made it so they can’t open each lock until it is that anniversary.
- For example, for their five year anniversary, I left a riddle in the previous compartment for them to figure out.
- This would lead them to the place where they first met (a local ice cream shop), I spoke to the owners — they will hold the key for that span of time and not give it to them any sooner.
- This will allow them to relive some great memories and remember what brought them together in the first place.
I just want to say thank you for having such a great company and product. At the end of the day, the wine box is not about the wine inside, custom engraving, or the handwritten letter. It is about allowing someone to give a gift that is more meaningful than a set of knives. – Akshar “
What an amazing story and thoughtful execution. Thanks again Akshar!
Share YOUR story, video, and pics on social media.
Or go old school and email us. Cheers!